|RingSurf Ring: Pittsburgh Knitophiles|
This ring is for
folks who live in (or otherwise have web sites, including but not limited to
web logs, or read about) Pittsburgh and have (or otherwise have web sites,
including but not limited to web logs, or read about) knitting.
See a list of sites in the ring
See a random site in the ring
To join this web ring, perform these
1. In your web browser, open http://www.ringsurf.com/?action=addform&ring=Ringophile3.
2. In the Site Title text
box, type the title of your web log or web site.
3. In the Site Owner text box, type your name.
4. In the EMail Address text box, type your e-mail address.
5. In the Site URL text box, type the uniform resource locator (URL, or web site address) of your web log or site.
6. In the Ring Code
URL(optional) text box, type the URL of the page where you store your
ring code, if you store it on a separate page from your web log or web site.
7. In the Year of Birth text box, type the year in which you were born.
8. In the Password text
box, type a password.
9. In the Password (verify) text box, retype your password.
10. In the Keywords text
box, type some keywords that might help someone searching
RingSurf find your web site or log.
11. In the Site Description text box, type a description that will appear beneath your site title in the list of blogs and sites that are members of the ring or in search results.
12. Click Add your site to the Ring!
What happens next?
I'll receive notification from RingSurf that you want to join, then I'll look at your web log or site. If you meet the requirements specified in the description, I'll send you the link to the code to add to your web log or site. Once you have copied and pasted it into your page, though, please make sure you change all of the instances of ***SITE ID*** to the site identifier you'll find in the e-mail from me confirming your membership in the ring!
If at some point you need to edit
your member information, perform these steps:
1. In your web browser, open http://www.ringsurf.com/netring?action=login.
2. In the RING MEMBER section, in the Ring ID text box, type Ringophile3.
3. In the Site ID text box, type the site identifier (ID) noted in the e-mail you received from me when you first joined the ring.
4. In the Password text box, type the password noted in that same e-mail.
5. Click Login.
6. As needed, edit your web site or log's title as it appears in a list of search results on RingSurf, your name, your e-mail address, your site URL, your password, keywords by which people can search for your site, your site description as it appears in a list of search results on RingSurf, or an image, if you want to include one in the search results.
7. As needed, read the membership
8. As needed, copy the site code (though you can just copy it from above as well).
9. As needed, delete your membership from the ring :( by clicking Delete Member.
10. Click Save.
Last updated 30 July 2004
And because our lives don't begin and end with the wedding: us | Andrew's photography | Lisa's knitting (knitophilia) | Lisa's weblog | Lisa's work | Andrew's work | Lisa's cooking (foodophilia) | Lisa's web rings